Nathrezim Hellbound Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HellboundHellbound  

On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vodalus

On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted. Empty
PostSubject: On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted.   On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted. EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 5:15 pm

During our most recent guild run of Mag's, the plate DPS helm dropped. Rather than disenchanting it, since nobody wanted to roll on it for off-spec or for alternate gear (which seems a bit of a waste) - we could have the person who gets it donate a VC or the equivalent in cash, or even more than that, in exchange for it.

IE, I pick up a sweet ret helm and donate 2 void crystals to the GBank, or Ekimmu gets a nice replacement for his goggles for when he drops eng for inscription, and then he donates 50g to the bank, or some equivalent.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
valec
First Sergeant
valec

On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted.   On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:07 pm

We would love to be able to give people loot for no GP, but if we go down that road people will simply pass on all the gear and /roll for it. It will start a trend that will destroy the EPGP or any other loot system we employ in this guild.

We could look at reducing the cost off such pieces, but then again we risk people using that weakness in the system to exploit their share of the loot. We will look at this again to see if we want to modify/change how we do loot. We hope to have it perfected by the time we get into the expansion.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
velox
Sergeant
velox

PostSubject: Re: On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted.   On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:48 pm

I allowed this to happen on the epic trash drops and the BoP Patterns with BoE Items created form it. On one hand, I hate to see gear go to waste, but on the other I don't want to see the system 'sidesteped' or exploited.

I think this is something that needs clarification or a standard policy, and I will be getting with Valec and some of the others to work on.

Keep in mind that the current EPGP system still needs refining, it is by no means a end-all be-all system but rather a way to reward those who spend their time helping everyone, and for showing up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted.   On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted. Empty

Back to top Go down

On the state of EPGP, specifically as regards off-spec loot which would otherwise be disenchanted.
Page 1 of 1