Nathrezim Hellbound Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HellboundHellbound  

What you guys think?

Go down 
+6
Joquer
Grimwing
velox
bigackoo
Youneed
Icetray
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

What you guys think? Empty
PostSubject: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 am

Anyone got any ideas on how we can work more efficent in the guild. Please post your answers.

-Admin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampires16
Youneed
Scout
Youneed

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:50 pm

I love that we are using EPGP. I think we are on the way to being a better guild.
Back to top Go down
bigackoo
Scout

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 11:31 pm

getting these raids scheduled ahead of time really helps assemble time pre raid, dont make valec do all the work....
Back to top Go down
velox
Sergeant
velox

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 11:32 pm

Youneed wrote:
I love that we are using EPGP. I think we are on the way to being a better guild.

Agreed. I love to see progression and new stuff, I'm going to love seeing this guild down Vashj.
Also like the fact that we now have class leaders.
Back to top Go down
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

PostSubject: EPGP   What you guys think? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 am

Well I'd like to see where the EPGP points are listed though I have recvived some and stuff. Just not too sure if its yet in full swing.
Back to top Go down
Grimwing
Scout
Grimwing

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:30 am

I like the idea of using this system. i have been apart of alot of guilds that use sk an dkp. an it just seems to go no where and in the long run people just wait to roll instead. so i'm happy to see this system being used.
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 pm

I think that EPGP is a good idea but we need to keep in mind that nothing is perfect, and that keeping other peoples gear in mind is just as important as looking at the points. I feel like this system can be really good if WE remain in control of the EPGP and we dont let the system get control of us.

I've seen many guilds go down because of the point system. I think we have a great guild running right now, and probably the best case scenario for success with this system, we just need to take it with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
valec
First Sergeant
valec

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 5:11 pm

It's good to see people discussing the development of this guild. We have tried different things over the last year and a half to help promote growth in both the guild ranks and progression. The bottom line has always come down to being able to keep the dedicated people around while weeding out those that are in the guild to gear up and leave. We have learned a lot from this process (when I say we, I am speaking about the officers that have had these discussions)

There are a few things we still need to work on. Dedication being the top one on my list.

How do we get our people to become more dedicated? First off, we need to understand our current progression and what it took to get here. We are a T4 guild which can muster enough people to run 3 kara groups each week, down Gruul, and Mag. From what I hear from people in the guild they would love to be doing more! Which brings us to the reason we added Class Leaders and an EPGP system. (both of which were not required nor desired prior)

EPGP and Class leaders were brought into the guild to assist us in progressing into more 25 man content. We realized we have a core group of around 15 to 19 solid players, but those players are not available to raid every time we put one together. In reality we require around 35 to 45 solid players to allow for people to do things in real life, or find 25 HARDCORE players and raid all we want. Getting 25 hardcore players will never be a reality so we started pushing to develop those players we have and recruit some more talent . We raised our gear/level requirements to 70 and geared for kara and have been steadily increasing our ranks to support the new goals. I believe we are growing at an acceptable rate. I still have not really stated why we went with EPGP and class leaders though so I will now: Class Leaders are responsible for their class. To ensure everyone meets the gear/spec/skill/dedication requirements prior to and after achieveng raid status. Yes, you can lose raider status even after you have achieved it. EPGP is a fair system which rewards those that attend raids and in turn gears up the people that show up and suppport the guild progression. It could never have been used if we had no quality control of raiders because we would have people showing up and not being allowed in a raid due to gear. So once again, falling back to the need for class leaders.

There have been a lot of changes in the last few weeks. I know from experience that it takes time for change to settle in and most people are naturally opposed to any change at all. That is why I try to implement things slowly and get people involved. We tested EPGP for around 3 weeks and spoke to people about it in vent and limited in /g chat. (I hate typing things more than once) What a Face We still need to get the download location on the forums, but you can view your status on the guild tab with or without the actual Mod.

As we approach the expansion there has been a slight slow down in guild activity in regards to progression. I have seen the guild schedule change from day-to-day and have requested the Guild officers to lock it back down so people can rely on it. (That is in fact one thing I am putting a lot of effort into atm) So expect to see Gruul once a week, kara and ZA a few times a week. And the possibility of some sort of T5 stuff in the next week or so.

I hope I have shed a little light on some of the areas of concern from the Past - Present - and Future for all of us to think about. Hellbound has come a long way and will do well in the future. We just have to keep our goals in front of us and be prepared to work as a group to reach them!

OUT!
Back to top Go down
Jefe
Scout

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:19 am

Being somewhat new to the guild, and definitely new to t4 content (had a few 70s on a prior account, but never got further than heroics), I'm damned impressed.

I've seen two of my younger brothers (both more dedicated to WoW than myself) go all the way through endgame, both Pre-BC and Post, and their guilds always seemed too far removed from reality... if you don't make a 7pm raid, you're out for the next 2 weeks, etc. To be honest, that's what made me not want to raid.

This guild is full of people who may not play everyday, but definitely play to win when they do. I enjoy being a part of the progression, as much as I can Smile I definitely think I slid in here at a good time ~

*cheers*
Back to top Go down
Mison
Scout

PostSubject: Hellbound-Class leaders and EPGP   What you guys think? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 pm

For those of you who do not know, I was in hellbound about a year ago and went to another guild: Satori. I was not one of the people that geared up and left, although that did happen with Satori. They are a dieing guild due to time conflicts so I am back with Hellbound and all of my friends that I know and enjoy gaming with.
As a result of being with Satori I did get to see all t4/t5/ and 1/2 of BT content. I believe we have potential to push into t/5 content very soon, but for this to happen people need to use and respect the tools in place for us to do that.

Class leaders are not going to dictate who gets what loot, that is just silly. As Valec has previously stated they WILL be able to decide who of there class is ready for what raids and who isn't. Please make it a point to talk to them about your current gear/spec and let them know when you get upgrades and/or make changes. If you are deemed not ready to raid, ask your class leader about specific upgrades and then lets for a group and go get it to drop orget you enough badges or w/e is needed.

EPGP - It will take a little tweaking as to the technical side of it, some of these issues have already been addressed but be patient if new ones arise. It is a fair system that requires little attention once its rolling.

Quote :
Well I'd like to see where the EPGP points are listed though I have received some and stuff. Just not too sure if its yet in full swing.
corrected for spelling

Everyone needs to go get the EPGP mod from curse or w/e site you use. Then you can just press "j" on the keyboard to instantly view all the EPs GPs and priority ratings. This way Valec doesn't have to manual update or any of that tedious stuff.

Last edited by Mison on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maliace
Scout
Maliace

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 4:50 pm

I am just happy to be a part of progression. I am also glad that we have the advance notice, so i can plan ahead around the spouse aggro. As i am a fan of this game, my husband is not.

Cheers all.

Maliace
Back to top Go down
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Hey guys! If you see that one fo your buddies is online and part of the guild... Tell them WTF get on the forums... so that way we can be more pew pew and less QQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you guys think?   What you guys think? Empty

Back to top Go down

What you guys think?
Page 1 of 1