Nathrezim Hellbound Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HellboundHellbound  

WotLK Beta Test

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:16 pm

I have currently been Beta testing WotLK. I will be posting pics of whatever i can as often as possible, and feel free to get on vent and ask me questions (i'm usually in the Just Gabbin Channel). If u can't get a hold of me but you still have questions then post them here and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks guys,
Joquer
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Blood Specced Tauren DK

[img]WotLK Beta Test Wowscr12[/img]
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Frost Wyrm & seige weapon system

[img]WotLK Beta Test Wowscr13[/img]
Back to top Go down
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Wow   WotLK Beta Test EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:30 am

Damn lucky you get to BETA test WoTLK. Sad

Hey how much the mount cost skill and bird. Also is there anything else besides a dead looking chicken?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vampires16
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 am

well, the frost wyrm in the pic is actually a weapon not a mount. U may have seen the skeletal griffin models, which really look like chickens, but i've only seen them used as Flight path vehicles. as for cost of new mounts, im not sure yet, but i do know that at 77 you get a skill that allows your Flying mount to fly in the cold weather and that there will be sweet dragon-esque mounts for flying later.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 pm

How is the Frsot tree? Is it a tank or aDPS? What is it?
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:48 am

all the trees are capable of tanking from what ive seen... but of the specs Frost is definitely the most tricked out for it. even the frost aura u get increases ur armor, but all specs are pretty significant as dps classes too.

From what ive been hearing, they made all tanking classes more capable of tanking in there respective dps specs... so we'll see how that goes.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
valec
First Sergeant
valec

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:48 am

I would like to know if Bliz really changed the tanking requirements. As of now you have to be protection spec to tank instances. There was talk that they were going to move away from that and allow tanking classes the ability to tank with a more versatile spec. Have you seen this?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 9:16 am

When is this awesome-o expansion sappose to be released?!!? cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: well...   WotLK Beta Test EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:23 pm

I just recently did the first instance of Northrend, Utgarde Keep. It was sooo easy; almost too easy. We had a healer, tank (me), death knight, dps war, and i forget the other, i think rogue... and we owned the hell out of the instance. Never wiped, no one died, and the boss glitched out at the end ( hes supposed to res and attack after you rape him the first time, but no such luck, and no such loot either).

What does this have to do with Valec's question? Well, to put it simply... i didn't tank the entire instance, the Dps Warrior was more than capable of handling ALMOST all of the mobs without needing significant heals, and the only times i was concerned for him was when we were both tanking things ( for speed reasons) and the heals were therefor split. I've seen no hard evidence to suggest that Warriors will not be able to tank in Non-prot specs, and i can't even begin to comment on Paladins... yet.

As for the release date, I believe the official number thrown out not long ago was 11/3/08. So look forward to it early November!!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 am

Super easy first instance... Utgarde Keep! check these fire graphics out! (note: all of my resolutions and video options)

WotLK Beta Test Wowscr11
Back to top Go down
Icetray
Admin
Icetray

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 pm

That place looks freaking badass.... GAH! Can't wait to own it all. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 am

WotLK Beta Test Wowscr13
these mana trees are so awesome to look at, everything on my right radiates energy, while the rest is clearly untouched. And its just south of Dalaran...

sure beats terrokar forest eh?
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 10:34 am

Naxx
WotLK Beta Test Wowscr14

Woah...
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 10:36 am

WotLK Beta Test Wowscr15

The door to the Frozen Thrown, Icecrown itself.
Back to top Go down
velox
Sergeant
velox

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:49 am

/jealous still
Back to top Go down
Rakuen
Scout
Rakuen

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:09 am

valec wrote:
I would like to know if Bliz really changed the tanking requirements. As of now you have to be protection spec to tank instances. There was talk that they were going to move away from that and allow tanking classes the ability to tank with a more versatile spec. Have you seen this?

Thanks

This is true. Any spec should be viable to tank 5 mans and probably heroics. Of course as you know, protection and the like will be the definitive specs for raiding. As for DKs, any spec will be viable for tanking, dpsing, and pvping. There is no set "Tanking", "DPS", or "PVP" trees.

Here are some random screenshots I took:

My girlfriend <3
WotLK Beta Test Wowscr11

My other girlfriend <3
WotLK Beta Test Wowscr12

New spells on my actionbar as well as the new judgements. My bar is kinda cluttered :p
WotLK Beta Test Wowscr13

Outside of Utgarde Keep
WotLK Beta Test Wowscr14

Dalaran.. or where it used to be!
WotLK Beta Test Wowscr15

If you have any requests for screenshots or info let me know. Other than raiding, though I might try to do Naxx sometime this week or next.
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 10:44 pm

pretty self explanatory imho

WotLK Beta Test Wowscr17
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WotLK Beta Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Beta Test   WotLK Beta Test Empty

Back to top Go down

WotLK Beta Test
Page 1 of 1