Nathrezim Hellbound Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft Forums

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HellboundHellbound  

WotLK Leveling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
velox
Sergeant
velox

WotLK Leveling Empty
PostSubject: WotLK Leveling   WotLK Leveling EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Ok, so as everyone knows, Wrath of the Lich King is going to be coming out on November 13th. What I was thinking was the quickest possible way to level was instance grinding. This means rep and real gear upgrades (as opposed to quest gear) plus cloth, enchanting mats, and all the other thing that comes along with leveling a toon.

So, along those lines, I was thinking about setting up teams, so when we were on we could make sure that we were headed in a productive direction.

I will remain holy for the leveling, so I guess for my team (We'll call it team 'Kick Your Fucking Face In') We'll need a Tank, and 3 DPS at least 2 with good CC. This is just an idea I had so it was easier to get groups and what not.

Just an idea though, what doyathink?
Back to top Go down
Joquer
Sergeant
Joquer

WotLK Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Leveling   WotLK Leveling EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:12 pm

great idea. instances will be the best place for leveling imho, given that fighting over quest mobs and things like that only waste time. besides the xp is better in instances anyway.
Back to top Go down
valec
First Sergeant
valec

WotLK Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Leveling   WotLK Leveling EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:48 am

Joquer is one of those beta guys too! Maybe you could help us out and give us a list of instances and stuff by zone and level in order to get up to the right spots at the right levels?

I will do some research too and see what I can find out. I plan on leveling more than one toon at a time but I lack CC so I might just have to grind out quests... not sure yet!

I am all about leveling fast and getting to 80 so I can lay to waste all the alliance trying to level. You better bet, they will be doing the same to us.
Back to top Go down
Benway
Grunt
Benway

WotLK Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Leveling   WotLK Leveling EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 8:59 am

I agree! Instance leveling ftw! I'll be dps for anyone anytime anywhere. Lets bring the heat! Utgarde Keep will be the first and you can probably get several levels out of it, and it is indeed easy as pie.
Back to top Go down
cyl
Scout

WotLK Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Leveling   WotLK Leveling EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 12:19 pm

Instance leveling can be faster but it's not necessarily the best way to do it. Yeah you get better gear and what not but a lot of times someone who is questing in groups can level up faster. It all depends. Plus, doing the same instance over and over gets old really fast, I leveled a character from 60 to 70 and it's pretty damn redundant. Another problem with instance leveling is that you lose out on a lot of rep, I mean I know it'll probably be like TBC where you get rep for kills in an instance but the quests still give you more. With all the knowledge base that I have right now. In addition to this you lose out on story line for some of the quests. While some people may not have any problems with this, I'm just providing some counter points to instance leveling. But on the other hand, you can get more gold by going back and completing the skipped quests, but that usually takes a lot of drive due to the fact you're not getting that much of pay off like the pay off experience usually holds.

I leveled my rogue 60 to 70 based on quests alone because they excited me at the time (that's what she said) because they were new and they weren't the same old grind and repeat that they were in original WoW. But I leveled my warrior 64ish - 70 all with instances because I had already done the quests and they were less appealing. The only problem I had with that was I still don't have all the flight paths in Outland on that guy and it was extremely boring after the first couple runs because there was no diversity it was the same setting for like 10 runs or ~3 levels. However, it was something relatively new because I didn't run instances on my rogue, but after the new instance aspect ended it was quickly boring. Instance leveling is pretty successful, sans the boredom aspect, and it's still too early to tell the difficulties of the instances because it's just the beta, they'll probably make some tweaks to the difficulties of the dungeons prior to the release.

I'm not trying to shoot down anyone's ideas here or anything like that I'm just making a statement from my perspective. Personally, I probably won't instance level with whoever I level to 80 first because I want to experience all there is to Northrend in the form of quests and I want to get the storyline of those quests. Plus, there's nothing more exciting then seeing thousands of players all in one zone trying to quest. It also gives an added break from the raiding scene. I don't want to do the same thing I do in raids from 70 to 80 because then it just burns me out faster. I need a break from it.

However, with all that said, I'm not trying to weave an argument here or anything. I'm simply telling you about my ideals. I will probably instance level one of my characters because despite all of the redundancy it does level pretty fast, esp. if you're rested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WotLK Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK Leveling   WotLK Leveling Empty

Back to top Go down

WotLK Leveling
Page 1 of 1